As Future Ready Librarians®, we must build inclusive collections and library programs that acknowledge and celebrate diverse experiences and provide instructional opportunities to empower learners as effective users and creators of information and ideas.
During the webinar, teacher librarians from Baltimore County (Maryland) Public Schools and Denver (Colorado) Public Schools shared how they accomplish this within their schools and communities through collection development, programming, and outreach to their students even during the time of remote and blended learning.
This webinar was an hour of wonderful sharing, conversations, and ideas that you will be able to take back and apply in your own libraries and schools.
View the Panelists’ presentation.
- Terri Faulkner, Library Services Coordinator, Denver Public Schools (CO)
- Tatanisha “Tiki” Love, EdS, Library Media Specialist, Baltimore County Public Schools (MD) (@tlovesbooks, @thelitlc)
- Lori Micho, Library Services Coordinator, Denver Public Schools (CO)
- Ellon Ruschell, Library Media Specialist, Timonium Elementary School, Baltimore County Public Schools (MD) (@TimoniumES_lib)
- Amanda Samland, Library Services Coordinator, Denver Public Schools (CO)
- Suzi Tonini, Collection Development Supervisor, Denver Public Schools (CO) (@DPSLibraries)
- Shannon McClintock Miller, Future Ready Librarian Spokesperson, Preschool–12 District Teacher Librarian and Innovation Director, Van Meter Community School (IA) (@shannonmmiller) (Moderator)
For questions about the webinar, contact Lia Dossin.
The Future Ready Librarians strand is supported by Follett.