Returning to school this fall is guaranteed to look very different and in many districts and schools, the plans are yet to be determined. Future Ready Librarians are leading beyond the library and collaborating working with schools and district leaders to support school and district’s vision and strategic plan for digital learning and fosters a culture of collaboration and innovation to empower teachers and learners. Future Ready Librarians are creating plans that support learning on campus and online. These plans are grounded in the Future Ready Librarians framework and support personalized student centered learning.
The guests discussed and shared:
- Return to learn plans and reopening guidelines being created and shared by state and local organizations
- The return to learning plans being created by librarians and schools
- How the plans were created and who was involved
- How the return to learn plans will be shared with the school community and beyond
- Next steps and how you can lead from the library in the reopening guidelines and return to learn plans for your district too!
View the panelists’ slide presentation.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn from others and be inspired to lead from your library by supporting the creation of a return to the library plan
- Martha Bongiorno, President-Elect of the Georgia Library Media Association and Middle School Library Media Specialist, Fulton County Schools (GA)
- Liz Wiemann-Doll, 4-8th Grade Teacher Librarian, Pen Argyl Area School District (PA)
- Kim Habruner Borden, Elementary Librarian, Plainfield Elementary School, Pen Argyl (PA)
- Shannon McClintock Miller, Future Ready Librarian Spokesperson, K–12 District Teacher Librarian, Van Meter Community School (IA) (@shannonmmiller)
- Mary Manee – K-6 Library Clerk Woodrow Wilson Elementary, Corona Norco Unified School District (CA)
For questions about the webinar, contact Lia Dossin.
Thank you to our generous sponsor, Follett, for their support of the Future Ready Librarian strand.