Hosted By Common Sense Education
Navigating cyberbullying, privacy, safety, and other digital dilemmas is a real challenge for schools. Still, technology provides incredible opportunities for students to learn, connect, create, and collaborate in ways never before imagined.
To help educators teach their students how to use technology safely, respectfully, and responsibly, Common Sense Education and Public Consulting Group (PCG) have partnered to offer Digital Citizenship courses through Pepper, PCG’s online professional learning platform. These courses (tailored for elementary, middle, and high school, respectively) will build teachers’ understanding of eight core digital citizenship topics, provide a guided, interactive experience with Common Sense Education’s high-quality digital citizenship instructional materials, and provide a path to become a Common Sense Education Digital Citizenship Certified Educator.
Content delivery and timing (online, blended, synchronous, etc.)
The course is online, self-paced and is expected to take about 15 hours to complete or 30 hours if you include the certification track. Key features:
- Hosted on Pepper’s professional learning platform built on powerful technology developed by Harvard University and MIT.
- Flexibility to work through the self-paced course independently or in small groups to promote an authentic, personalized learning experience.
- Opportunity to collaborate with peers, access resources, and share best practices through Pepper’s online community.
Certification and Credit Offered
Learning activities provide foundational knowledge for teachers to become Common Sense Certified Educators in digital citizenship. A certification track is embedded in the course for participants who select that option. Continuing education units (CEUs) are available for successful completion of the course. For more information about Common Sense Certification, please see: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/certification
Cost and purchasing process
For more information, click bit.ly/PepperDigitalCitizenship or call Michael Weinraub at 202-706-5760.
- Elementary School: http://bit.ly/digcitizenshipelemschool
- Middle School: http://bit.ly/digcitizenshipmiddleschool
- High School: http://bit.ly/digcitizenshiphighschool
Audience (District team, individual, other)
Teachers, librarians and any educator seeking to gain deeper knowledge and understanding of Digital Citizenship.
For general information please visit: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/digital-citizenship
Options: Facbeook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest...