Future Ready Schools® Leadership Institutes 2019
Maximizing Equitable Opportunities
Future Ready Schools® (FRS) Leadership Institutes are FREE two-day professional learning events designed to support district teams of three to nine people in creating policies, procedures, and practices that empower school and district leaders to transform teaching and learning in their school and/or district.
The leadership institutes will inspire, invigorate, and inform district teams with a wealth of information and resources that will support their Future Ready efforts. District teams will collaborate to build regional networks of like-minded colleagues, generate feedback on practices, articulate actionable next steps, and identify resources to take their learner-centered strategies to the next level.
Attendees will leave the leadership institute with a better understanding of the following:
- “Equity of opportunities” in the context of digital transformation
- The FRS Framework and free resources as essential components of a successful digital conversion
- Strategies to articulate a vision for student-centered learning
- Enhanced capacity across each FRS strand to change the culture, increase collaborative leadership, and develop a district/schoolwide program
- How to create a vision for digital transformation in your school or district
Bring a Team of Educators from the District
Transformation efforts are more efficient with a collaborative leadership approach, so this year the FRS Institutes have a team-based registration requirement. The district team of three to nine educators should include both district- and school-level leaders (i.e., district leaders, librarians, instructional coaches, principals, and/or technology leaders). Each team member will gain understanding about their role in the transformation process and practical advice for navigating the shift to robust and innovative teaching and learning. (Check out the list of potential roles below.)
- Assistant Superintendents
- Chief Academic Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Technology Officers
- Technology Leaders
- Curriculum and Instruction Coordinators
- Assessment Directors
- Directors of Professional Development
- Instructional Coaches
- Principals/Assistant Principals
- Librarians/Media Specialists
2019 FRS Agenda
This year’s agenda is designed in partnership with the FRS advisory team, comprised of nationally recognized school- and district-level practitioners who have demonstrated success in innovation in education. The content is all new, interactive, personalized, and team-based! Across two days, attendees will participate in whole group, small group, and role-specific sessions each designed to encourage skill development, knowledge sharing, and collaborative planning to transform teaching and learning in classrooms across your district.
Note: FRS also offers one-day “Creating Future Ready Schools” workshops for individuals who cannot attend institutes as a team but want to attend and in-person FRS event.