Join us Tuesday, September 13, 2016 to celebrate the three-year anniversary of President Obama’s ConnectED initiative
Launched in June 2013, the ConnectED initiative set a goal to connect 99 percent of America’s students to the Internet through high-speed wireless and broadband Internet within five years. When the ConnectED initiative launched, only 30 percent of school districts had access to high-speed broadband. Today 20 million more students have access to high-speed broadband in their classrooms and we are on track to have 99% of students with access by 2018.
The Future Ready initiative was launched in 2014 in support of the ConnectED goal to build the capacity of educators and leaders build their capacity to transform learning with technology.
Explore the growing list of events, share with your colleagues, and join us online for ConnectED Day!
AASA's Future Ready Superintendents
In celebration of ConnectED Day (Sept. 13, 2016) and the kick-off of the Dept. of Ed’s #OpportunityTour, AASA has worked with a variety of visionary education leaders to develop a blog series, which exemplifies what it truly means for a district to to be Future Ready.
How trailblazing districts leverage blending learning
Trailblazing districts are forging a new landscape of education with innovative instructional methods bolstered by technology. Among them are Future Ready districts across the country who have taken a pledge to rethink how we prepare students for college, career and life in the 21st century.
Schedule of Events
- Hosted by: Students from Vance Middle School in Bristol, TN
Closing the Homework Gap
- Hosted by: CoSN
- Diane Doersch, Chief Technology and Information Officer, Green Bay Area Public Schools
- Keith Krueger, Executive Director, CoSN
- Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner, FCC
- Debra Socia, Executive Director, Next Century Cities
- Dr. Valerie Truesdale, Chief of Technology, Personalization and Engagement, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
Moderated by Dr. Monica Almond, Senior Policy and Advocacy Associate for Comprehensive High School Reform
- Hosted by: Hal Friedlander, CEO and Co-Founder of Technology for Education Consortium
ARCHIVE WEBINAR – Transitioning to Digitizing Content for Personalized Learning
- Hosted by iLearn Collaborative
Happy Anniversary ConnectED
School boards have a special role to play in conversations about technology innovation and how it can be effectively implemented to prepare students for the future. In this video Thomas J. Gentzel, CEO and Executive Director of the National School Boards Association recognizes the 3rd anniversary of ConnectED and salutes the companies that have donated equipment, support, and software licenses since ConnectEd first launched. Further, NSBA has joined with other national partners to develop resources under the Future Ready Initiative.
- Hosted by: Thomas J. Gentzel, Executive Director & CEO, National School Boards Association