The day and half agenda provides Future Ready District Leadership Teams with dedicated time to set a shared vision for student learning, make action plans for digital learning, and meet other regional leaders who are engaged in Future Ready. Each summit provides access to experts in the field who will answer detailed questions and help solve specific issues facing each district team. The teams will engage in facilitated conversations, sharing sessions, networking activities, and team planning opportunities to achieve the following objectives:
- District leadership teams will review and discuss essential characteristics of “Future Ready Schools” as they dissect and discuss examples of district transformation.
- District leadership teams will connect and build lasting relationships with district leaders in their region to develop a collaborative network and community.
- District leadership teams will gain a clear understanding of the Future Ready Framework and the connections among the various components.
- District leadership teams will build upon the District Leadership self-assessment to articulate beginning steps in their action plan.
- District leadership teams will experience digital and blended learning in action and understand the importance of modeling for their schools, teachers, and students.
- District leadership teams will collaboratively work together to develop their Future Ready Schools action plan – leaving feeling inspired and empowered, and accountable to each other as a team.
- District leadership teams will connect with local and national experts in a “genius bar” format.
- District leadership teams will leave with an understanding that the Future Ready Schools work is continuous and job-embedded (modeling effective professional learning). and have a plan in place to utilize the resources available to them through the Future Ready Hub, Dashboard, and coalition partners’ materials.