Come learn, network, and collaborate with other Future Ready Schools peers in your area.
Building upon the success of the Future Ready Schools® (FRS) summits, FRS Institutes are FREE two-day professional development events designed to support the growing network of FRS professionals who are implementing personalized digital learning.
FRS Institutes will help to build a regional network with your peers so you can work together in real time, get feedback, and find support to take your next steps. Whether your district is just getting started or is further along, attending an FRS Institute will help your district’s team navigate to the next point in the journey toward becoming future ready.
The 2017 FRS Institute agenda will leverage brand new content that is being designed by our Future Ready leadership team, which is comprised of nationally recognized practitioners.
District teams — jump-start your planning efforts!
Bring your district leadership team (up to four people including the required superintendent and technology director) to a regional FRS Institute to accelerate your planning efforts and vision for student learning.
Ready to register? Choose the location that best suits you.
FRS Institutes are for all educators regardless of the level of your FRS engagement.
There will be something for everyone, from the FRS district leaders who have just signed the Future Ready District Pledge to those already implementing their action plans. Space is limited to one district leadership team (up to four people, including the required superintendent and technology director) and up to two individual strand participants per district.
District Leader Teams
- Assistant Superintendents
- Chief Academic Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Technology Officers
- Human Resources Professionals
- Curriculum and Instructions Professionals
- Assessment Directors
- Internet Technology Managers
- Professional Development Coordinators
- Coaches/Teacher Leaders
- Principals/Assistant Principals
- Librarians/Media Specialists
Space at the Institutes is limited so it is important to register as soon as possible for the Institute closest to your district. No more than six people can register from the same district.
If you have attended a past summit or workshop and you would like to join us and/or help mentor other districts, please reach out to Lia Dossin at email@example.com for more details.
For more details about registration for each strand, please click the appropriate link.
The Future Ready events provided my district with an opportunity to celebrate where we are now from where we have come; and then gave us a solid plan to build upon for the best possible future for our students. The connections and relationships built with other districts during the event will benefit us all!”
– Jamie Locklin, Director of Digital Learning, Hays CISD, Texas
FRS Institutes are personalized, professional development learning opportunities.
In addition to building relationships with like-minded district leaders in your area, you will:
- Discuss characteristics of “Future Ready Schools” including ties to the Future Ready District Pledge.
- Learn how to progress from one step to the next in the the FRS five-step planning process for creating your FRS action plan.
- Discuss relevant gears leading to a successful digital conversion within the FRS framework.
- Gain strategies to personalize teachers’ professional development.
- Build capacity to lead a schoolwide program.
- Actively participate in learning activities that model good instructional practices.
- Build an FRS action plan that supports digital transformation.
- Experience digital and blended learning in action.
- Grow a community that will continue to impact change and expand conversations beyond the Institute.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to create a collective vision on how to support each other.
Ready to register? Choose the location that best suits your district.
During the two-day Institute, there will be many opportunities to network with attendees as well as like-minded colleagues. A mix of small- and large-group learning experiences will leave you feeling inspired and ready to roll up your sleeves back home to implement changes that matter to your students.
FRS is working with a Leadership Team of leading educational experts to create a research-based, two-day agenda that is action packed with personalized professional learning that models high-quality professional development practices lead by expert facilitators. Check back soon for more details.
The FRS Institute Leadership Team is comprised of educational thought leaders who have expertise implementing digital learning practice, along with extensive knowledge and enthusiasm for use of Future Ready Schools materials.